QR Codes in a business.
If you have always wondered what that square image with all a bunch of little squares all over the place is, wonder no more. It is called a QR (quick response) code or MS tags. QR codes are freely generated 2D codes that are similar to the normal liner barcodes however is able to hold a lot more information.
QR codes enable a user to scan the code using a camera-enabled device where they are directed to a link created by a business.
Having a QR code helps a business be more engaged with their target audience using the internet, it is cost effective and efficient. Using a QR code is cheap and efficient.
How to set up a QR code:
Find a QR code generator and generate them for free. There are 2 types of QR codes, static and dynamic. A static code is fixed and the data it contains can’t be changed whereas a dynamic QR code can be edited any time.
Having a QR code you can even see how effective it is by analyzing the performance of the codes by monitoring how much activity and as well as the actions users are taking once taken to the link.
Ways to use QR codes:
- Direct customers to your digital presence
- A discount code
- Link to Google Maps
- Link it to your app
- Place in a takeout menu so customers can place an order right away
- Act like a URL on a direct response advertisement or internet page
- Add it to business cards so the contact information can be downloaded instantly
- Link to the Website
- Facebook page
- Download a corporate portfolio, brochures, and other marketing materials
- On business card
- The sides of trucks and trailers
- Product tags and packaging
- Restaurant menus
- Event ticket stubs
- Point-of-sale receipts
QR codes have been around for a while but haven’t been used to their full potential. QR codes can be used for so much more to boost your business to another level.